Tikona Fort Trek
Tikona fort trek is one of the perfect one-day trekking getaways in Lonavala. People from Mumbai and Pune often come here. Tikona fort trekking difficulty level is low to medium. Anyone can complete this trek within 4.5 hours. Tikona fort base is 116 km from Mumbai, 60 Km from Pune and 24 km from Lonavala. You can bring your own vehicle for a fun ride and the parking is free. Also, you can hire a jeep from Lonavala or Kamshet to Tikona base, which will cost you around a thousand rupees one way per jeep. A jeep can accommodate up to 10 people but sharing may not be possible some time.
Tikona fort trek inclusions
1) Breakfast or Snacks
Trek Schedule 1
1) Reporting time is 9 AM – Come to Tikona Peth base and park your vehicle.
2) Breakfast: 9:00 AM To 9.30 AM.
3) Start trekking at 9.30 AM.
4) You will be on top of the fort around 11.30 AM.
5) Return to the base before 2:00 PM.
6) Lunch: 2:00 PM to 2.30 PM.
7) End of the trek – Return to home with adventurous memories or check-in atcampsites at Pawna lake for a night stay.
Trek Schedule 2
1) Reporting time is 1:00 PM – Come to Tikona Peth base and park your vehicle.
2) Lunch: 1:00 PM to 1:30 PM
3) Start trekking at 2:00 PM
4) You will be on top of the fort around 4:00 PM
5) Return to the base before 6:30 PM
6) Snacks: 6.30 PM
7) End of trek – Return to home with adventurous memories or check-in at campsites at Pawna lake for a night stay.
Is Tikona fort trekking difficult?
No, Tikona fort trekking difficulty level is low to medium. Anyone can complete this trek within 4. 5 hours.
What is the height of Tikona fort?
Pyramidal shaped Tikona fort has a height of around 3470 ft.
Where is this fort?
This fort is in the Maval tehsil and 26 km from Lonavala city center via Bhangarwadi road or Dudhiware khind road.
Is there parking space near Tikona fort?
Yes, Parking is free of cost at Tikona base. As it is government property, we don't need to pay local people for parking space.
Is there any entry ticket?
No, there is not an entry ticket to the Tikona fort. It's free of cost.